Fleischman: Houston--We Have a Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleischman: Houston--We Have a Problem

ICYMI--this is from the FlashReport.

The California Republican Party opposed Prop. 14 on the June ballot. This was the measure that if passed (and it did) takes the Republican name off the Primary and General Election ballot in California.

Every political party in the State opposed it, from the GOP, Democratic, to the Green and AIP. Lawsuits have been filed saying this is unconstitutional.

"Houston, who gets some brownie points for his candor, shared with me that he did vote for Proposition 14, and told me that he thinks that, "we need to try something new if we are going to become a majority party." This position places Houston in a very small minority position amongst the delegates from whom he will attempt to seek support.

It really makes one scratch their head -- that Houston would support a destructive ballot measure that is extremely injurious to the party, and to conservatives, and then seek to be the leader of that very party. That takes some chutzpah!"

Houston seems to be inconsistent. How can he make the Republicans a majority Party if we are NOT on the ballot? How do we support GOP'ers if candidates are not allowed to have an "R" after their name on the ballot?

Finally, while the current CRP Vice Chairman, Tom Del Beccaro, has been traveling the State for eight years, raising money for candidates, speaking to volunteer clubs from Humboldt to San Diego, going on radio and TV promoting our values and principles, meeting with legislators, county chairs, volunteer club leaders, Houston has not been seen.

Anybody in Fresno, Imperial, San Luis Obispo, Placer or outside his old Assembly district heard from Houston, seen him, been helped by him--had him raise money for them? Now he wants to be CRP Chairman--is this a Seinfeld joke gone bad (as all of them do)?

I am a strong supporter of the California Republican Party and Tom Del Beccaro.

More...
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎