No announcement yet.

Death penalty upheld for Hayward hammer murderer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death penalty upheld for Hayward hammer murderer

It only took the courts 12 years from conviction, to uphold the death penalty. Twelve years. But this is just the start. Most experts say it will be another 12-15 years before the final decision to execute. In fact, at this point California does not have a death chamber. No executions can occur in the next 3-5 years, no matter what a court orders, because other courts have refused to allow ANY executions.

Crime is down in California. But, it could be much lower if the death penalty is used. It is up to us to demand a real penalty--five years after conviction, if not overturned, then the death penalty happens.

What do you think?

More...

Judge not lest you be judged

you sir may never have been in a court room as a defendant, but I have.
    I don't know anything about the case that you're talking about and quite frankly I don't care to, having myself been put through the justice system of the state of California, and knowing that your innocence or guilt means nothing to the court's, and in most cases to your own attorney.
    Knowing what it's like to be innocent and sit there and listen to police officers lie about what happened and what you supposedly did, and then have an assistant district attorney describe things that did not happen like she was there and saw it herself, no sir there is too much injustice in this justice system to put anybody to death.
    Until this society holds corrupt police officers accountable for their actions, and they are willing to prosecute district attorney's, an, assistant Dist. Atty, and remove the laws that protect them from prosecution, when they knowingly withhold evidence or lie, or throw out the case when an officer is impeached on the stand about his testimony, or stop judges from manipulating the jury pool, and the witness pool for the defendant.
    YOU SIR or anyone that has never had that experience as I have, have not the right to speak about such a final verdict upon another human being, when over the past 10 years through DNA thousands of men have been found innocent of the crimes they were convicted of, with over 300 of them on death row. That number there along show's there should be no more death penalty in this country.
    Last edited by saw mill worker; 08-17-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I'm no fan of todays courts either,

They are but a shadow of justice now. But the injustice is on both sides, as many habitual criminals are not punished adequately, or sometimes at all. I do agree that there is some corruption within the ranks and the system is gamed by judges, prosecutors, and law enforcement, however, as in everywhere, it's a small percentage infecting a larger one by way of association. There's a lot of good cops, and some bad ones. Judges are unfortunately chosen for political loyalty, and prosecutors have to show they are doing something to earn their income.
      But...could you imagine what the neighborhood would be like if we didn't deter the criminal element at all? In a perfect world, men wouldn't judge other men; that was probably a job for omnipitent beings who were supposed to outlive us mortals.

Comment

AG I agree with you to a point, but like I said in my posting until you have faced this justice system, and seen the corruption first hand you personally cannot understand just how bad this system is.
        You say that there are good cops, I have a very different opinion of that,
        and this is the story why I'm like I am, two bad cop's did something, there was a third cop that was not a part of the something but did see the whole something, and this is where you will hear about the blue wall, cops do not turn cops in for criminal act's, and so AG I don't know of any good cops, and even when the truth comes out in court, the judge covers it up, because the city is now looking at a massive lawsuit, now AG if you think that's just a little corruption in our justice system I'm sorry to tell you but it a lot bigger than what you think.
        Kind of like you AG, till I was 55 years old I kind of looked at it like you and probably most other people, but until you have the justice system coming down on you, till you see the manipulation and the controll by the judge's, to see to it that you are not judge by your peers, till you see an assistant district attorney who is prosecuting you yell out to the judge that she wants clarification of what your witnesses just stated, and the judge grants that clarification, then sits back down turns to the police officer sitting to her right and tell that officer not to speak to her again, (because she has just learn that officer and two others have lied to her) yet still will prosecute you, because now it has become a money game, till you sat there AG you and other people cannot understand just how corrupt the system is, the total cover-up of enadequate trained police officer or officers.
        I understand that we need law-enforcement, but there is a saying AG
        that power corrupts, and absolute power always corrupts, and with out any agencies to protect us from the police departments we as a society are at the mercy of very corrupt people.
        So do to this situation I cannot agree that anybody be put to death no matter what the reason.
        AG go to your FBI office and ask them how many officers are there to protect the public if there's a complain about corrupt officer attacking citizen
        or filing false reports, AG I went to the FBI I was told to call Sacramento FBI office, they never did come out and investigate, but I was told that it's hard for them to investigate local police departments because they worked hand-in-hand in drugs bust and other high crimes, and most importantly there is only 150 officers at that time in the whole United States assigned to do that type of work.
        Last edited by saw mill worker; 08-18-2009, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I've been charged with a crime before, and although it may have not been the caliber of what you were, I was treated to the systematic manner of prosecution that favors winning over justice. But criminals can be even more injust when allowed to roam freely. I'd say you need to invest some time in making the justice system in your area a little more accountable. I do agree with some of what you say about the death penalty, but we also need a deterrent for murder

Comment

AG what I spoke about was over 10 years ago, in that period of time I have spent literally thousands of hours studying constitutional law cases, in that period of time I have challenged the Redding Police Department, Shasta County, the stated of Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles taxation division, and just understanding what our rights are I have put a stop to the injustices in all of those places, not that I'm smart or that good, it's just knowing were to go and what constitutional law has been violated, then finding that case and presented it to the offending party.
            As far as the death penalty go's, give that person life imprisonment, that way if evidence later on can prove that person innocent then a great injustice has been stoped.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎